Wednesday, January 13, 2010




and then there were the little pieces i did in select locations all over, on the edges of buildings in corners and along the fringes of buildings, kind of like the marginals of my favorite MAD magazine artist i used to love as a kid, sergio aragones. He drew the little line drawings reproduced in the margins( line drawings- really tiny) which became the reason to buy the mag.
I used a prepared polyethylene cloth and worked on ink drawings, usually in the studio or at a scenic park maybe beside a canal where i could gather a little bit of that famous inspiration that makes artists do their thing...
Once i had something nice I'd look around, sometimes going to different cities with a few in my bag and a bucket of glue,in search of an appropriate place to plaster my picture
this one i did in a park next to the grand palais in paris then put up near the pompidou that same night in august... i think by now it no longer exists but it became the birth of another group of images i created for the streets.
The next one i did in Delft on a little side street where the wall was a mess and i thought my lines might bring a little liteness to that spot. Ironically~ in my photo there's a mother and child in the background that mirror the figures on the big blue sign that hovers over my street piece like a big round head
then came rotterdam and my favorite by the sound garden in amsterdam before i went off to copenhagen to put several up in christiania

No comments:

Post a Comment